Cloud Engineer GCP
About The Team – the cross functional cloud platform team consists of 9 members with diverse backgrounds from software development, business analysis, infrastructure engineering, security and architecture. The team benefits from a high degree of autonomy in decision making and a strong relationship with the platform customers.
Joining the Cloud Platform Team you will be on a mission to build and evolve the best platform for our PAYBACK product crews to rapidly deliver high quality products safely on the Google Cloud.
As part of your work, you will be involved in all phases of the platform product you are working on including planning, designing, developing, deploying, enhancing, testing, troubleshooting and integrating other systems.
OF COURSE, we don’t just live diversity. We celebrate it! Will you join us? We look forward to getting to know you.
- Understand the requirements of product teams and implement them using infrastructure as code practices.
- Ensure the robustness of the platform, considering tradeoffs between customer autonomy, security, and compliance.
- Designing and implementing platform features.
- Take part in story refinements.
- Working in an agile environment according to Kanban methodology.
- Stay on track on the Google Cloud changes and new features.
- Conduct POCs for new Google Cloud offerings and present the results.
- Pair with co-workers during implementation.
- Provide support to the customers via different support channels.
- Contribute to continuously improving our ways of working, the platform and processes.
- Keep working towards self-service capabilities to reduce toil and manual work for the company.
- Cover on call duties to handle incidents.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in cloud platform engineering, ideally on Google Cloud.
- Infrastructure as Code experience with terraform.
- Proficient in at least one programming language, e.g. Python, Java, Go, Bash etc.
- Strong DevOps mindset and working experience.
- Knowledge in hybrid on-premise/Cloud setups.
- Continuous delivery/integration know how (e.g. Jenkins, Google Cloud Build etc.).
- Version Control Systems (Git).
- Unit Testing, Integration Testing.
- Experienced in Container technologies.
- Good understanding of cloud identity access management (IAM).
- Linux knowledge.
- Proficient in English language.
- Nice to have:
- Google Cloud: experience with compute services, networking, data services (pub/sub, bigquery) and IAM (switching over from AWS / Azure works too).
- Kubernetes know how.
- Agile know how (Kanban).
- Atlassian tools (Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket).
- Developer portal experience (e.g. Backstage).
- Java application experience (SpringBoot), SQL knowledge.