SENIOR JAVA DEVELOPER
PAYBACK is unique worldwide in data-based marketing. With the ability to develop digital business models and implement technical trends, we are pioneers of the data economy. The technical solutions for our 31 million customers relating to the PAYBACK program are designed and operated in-house. To this end, we work with the latest technologies and in a cross-functional and agile way.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle - including e.g. deployments, testing and monitoring.
- Follow the 'You Build It, You Run It' approach.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Doing pair-programming and code-reviews.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Ensure best possible quality of the products you own.
- Align technical / software specifications with connected systems.
- Derive implementation strategy according to the enterprise architecture principles / guardrails.
- Develop technical product application landscape.
- Define development standards and best practices.
- Identify and manage technical debts and operational risks.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Together with SREs owning non-functional requirements and making sure features can be delivered and operated in a sustainable way.
- Lead, Enable & Grow the domain’s, cluster's or product's technical engineers and work with related subject matter experts.
- Establish and maintain relationship with Information Security regarding technical implementation of security topics and controls.
- Expanding your knowledge in new areas and technologies.
- Engagement in guilds.
- You have the opportunity to boost your career as a Lead Java Developer
- Proven hands-on fullstack development experience.
- Proven working experience in Java development.
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms.
- Knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate), PostqreSQL.
- Open minded towards full stack developer approach (including testing, frontend (web), backend, monitoring, DevOps, Data).
- Strong problem analyzing and solving capabilities as well as strong ownership and leadership to resolve problems.
- Customer oriented and strategic thinking.
- Experience with testing frameworks.
- Ability to understand technical impacts of requirements (architectural impacts, security, performance).
- Experience & willingness to work with cloud technologies.
- Strong decision-making skills based on customer value and ROI.
- Good communication skills and personal responsibility, self-initiative.
- You have fluent English skills.
- Nice to have:
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Class loading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc.).
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC) with test-driven development.