Test Automation Engineer
The Global Web Team is responsible for web technology based applications at PAYBACK – used in Germany and in international markets by millions of customers every day.
According to our current architecture, this includes 5 web applications on 2 main platforms: One for Germany and one for international, multi-countries. Majority of the work is done in the frontend which is based on Typescript, Web Components and HTML/CSS.
On the server side, we use PHP with FirstSpirit as CMS on one platform and Java with CoreMedia on another platform. For deployments we use Jenkins.
We, as the team, prefer π-shape skilled professionals and invest a lot into knowledge sharing. Communication and openness are our main powers, and we believe that great teamwork is the key for success. Of course, a great team must have great fun and for sure we take that fun very seriously!
- Having close collaboration with dev teams, product owners/managers and other stakeholders, assuring the product quality.
- Test concepts, test planning, test automation and test execution.
- Active participation in developing and improving our test automation strategy.
- Active participation in developing and improving test automation frameworks and tools.
- Proactively sharing best practices, ideas and knowledge with the team.
- Expanding your knowledge in new areas and technologies.
- At least 3 years of experience in UI test automation.
- Excellent knowledge of HTML/CSS.
- Experience with component testing, system testing, e2e testing.
- Proficiency in using browser dev tools.
- Basic knowledge of object-oriented programming.
- You have an agile mindset and you are a clean coder.
- You are a problem solver and you have strong analytical skills.
- You are an excellent communicator and team player.
- You are proficient in English (German is a plus).
- Our tech stack:
- Server side: Java, PHP
- CMS: CoreMedia, FirstSpirit
- Version control: Git
- Build automation tools: Jenkins, Docker, Open Shift, GCP
- Monitoring: Kibana, ELK stack, Grafana
- Testing: JUnit, PHPUnit, Jasmine, Selenium, Codeception, Protractor (migrating to Playwright), Geb, Gatling (performance testing).