Software / DEVOPS Engineer
PAYBACK is a top player in data-driven marketing. With the ability to develop digital business models and implement technical trends, we are one of the leading companies in the data economy. All technical solutions of the PAYBACK program are developed, invented and implemented in Germany. Therefore, we provide the latest technologies and have cross-functional and agile teams.
You want to take responsibility and collaborate your ideas to our unique product? You are ambitious and eager to and move things further? Then you are exactly right with PAYBACK. We are looking forward to getting to know you.
Within the Global DWH Engineering Team you can work with a huge amount of data and help us to improve by using it in the right way in Germany, Poland, Mexico, Italy and Austria.
We’re not only dealing with data, but also heading towards Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery and constantly improve and converge our systems to become a truly Global Data Warehouse by migrating our services into the public cloud. You will be responsible for development, automation and the maintain of our services on-premises and within the cloud.
Jenkins, MVN, Git, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Helm, Python, Airflow, Hive, Spark, MapR, Java, Groovy, Oracle PL/SQL, Kafka, Terraform, Google Cloud Services (BigQuery, Cloud Build, Cloud Storage, Pub/Sub, Cloud Composer, DataFlow).
- You automate our development, deployment and testing processes using CI/CD pipelines.
- You support operations and take responsibility of productive processes (you run it, you build it).
- You analyze, understand and accompany the requirements from the first user story until go-live within an agile team.
- You contribute to the design of our solution, execute development of design, test and document your implementation.
- You take end-to-end responsibility for the solution component.
- You perform analyses in the Business Intelligence environment.
- You do code reviews.
- You have 4+ years of work experience as a Software/DEVOPS Engineer or in a similar position.
- You are a clean coder with an agile mindset, and you love DevOps.
- You have proficiency in modern Python.
- You have experienced with Kubernetes/OpenShift.
- Mass data doesn't scare you and you have experience with data related GCP services or MapR Cluster.
- You are characterized by a high-quality awareness, your trustworthiness and interest in new technologies.
- You can work independently in an agile team.
- You have very good English skills.