Senior Java Developer (Loyalty / Airline)
PAYBACK GROUP as a part of American Express Group is a pioneer and technology leader in Loyalty Solutions.
PAYBACK GROUP offers two types of platforms: the biggest in Europe multiparter loyalty platform called PAYBACK as well as the customer-tailored, monopartner Loyalty Management Suite (LMS). In-house development, delivery and maintenance of the powerful LMS software belongs to Partner Solutions GmbH (LPS). From consulting to program strategy, customization and data migration, as well as the integration of the software into the customers’ ecosystems, LPS offers all services from a single source. LMS solution is used by companies such as Lufthansa, United Airlines, Deutsche Bahn AG and China Southern Airlines.
Team – within the LMS International you’ll be working within an agile team having a great team spirit! With various Java backend and frontend technologies you can help us to satisfy the customer needs, by utilizing our tools in the right way on on-prem systems. But we’re not only dealing with on-prem technology, but also heading towards Cloud and constantly improve our system to offer SaaS by migrating our services into the public cloud.
Area of responsibilities:
- Together with your team you will develop JAVA-based software for our customers and bring it live.
- Together with experienced colleagues from the team you will develop end2end solutions.
- A high degree of automation is important to us, so you will also design and implement automated test cases.
- You want to see your code in production as quickly as possible, which is why you will also take care of Continuous Delivery.
- Communicate your solution ideas so that everyone can understand it.
- Improve our LMS platform by challenging the status quo and bring in your ideas.
- Drive technology innovations to enable business innovations based on our platform.
- Be part of a cross functional team to shape the loyalty platform solution for the next generation.
- 7+ years of experience as Java Software Developer, including experience large systems with high transaction volume.
- You are eager to understand our customer domain to find the best solutions for our customer needs.
- You love to actively drive topics, always having the goal in mind and accepting challenges.
- You have a DevOps mindset (ship it as you would run it).
- You enjoy working in an international team.
- You have an agile mindset and as part of a cross-functional team you are open to support other disciplines if needed for the team success.
- Excellent English is a prerequisite.
- Willingness to adapt to timezone needs for a project.
- Techstack: JAVA, JEE, Spring, SpringBoot, REST, Hibernate, proficiency with relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL), cloud-based systems (AWS or equivalent), Maven, Jenkins, Git.